(Some of these aren't original.....I stole them! ;)
My mother taught me:
...Appreciate a job well done - "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside, I just finished cleaning in here!"
...Religion - "You better start praying this will come out of the carpet"
...Logic - "Because I'm your mother, and I said so, that's why"
...Osmosis - "Shut your mouth, and eat your supper"
... Contortionism - "Will you just look at the dirt on the back of your neck?"
...Stamina - "You'll sit there till that spinach is gone"
...Weather - "Did a tornado come through this room?"
...Medical Science - "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way"
...ESP - "Put a sweater on; don't you think I know when you're cold?"
...Humor - When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me!"
...How to become an adult - "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up"
...About my Roots - Shut the door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
...Wisdom that comes with Age - "When your my age, you'll understand"
...Justice - "One day you'll have children, and I hope they are just like you!"
...How to think ahead - "If you don't pass you spelling test, you'll never get a good job"
But most importantly, it was my mother that prayed with me to except Jesus into my heart, and has showed me what unconditional love really means...and I hope that one day I can be just a good of a mother to my children as she was with me! Love you, Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:
Post a Comment