Sunday, May 6, 2012

Trip to PA - part 1 - Drive up there

I was blessed to be able to go up to PA with the Schattes for a little over a week and meet some of their extended family! 


Samuel studying in the car


Sam and I


the air freshener is a inside joke...and this was about 3 in the morning, I think! :)


can you tell we're in TN? 


Sunrise on the road.....somewhere in the Smokies


this cracked me up, 'cause it said we were going East and North at the same time....it's amazing how much stuff is hilarious after no sleep..... :)


more sunrise pics



I was taking random pictures to keep my mind off my stomach......I took some videos as well, but for the sake of certain peoples, I don't think I'll publicly post them..... ;)



us somewhere in VA.....I think.....









passed a wreck......hope and pray the people were ok....the car was upside down!



cool car!!!



crossing over the Shenandoah 



we found a place where we could dip our feet in the water



it felt sooooo good!!! and I think helped cure my carsickness, Praise the Lord!!! :)




posed for some pictures... :)


us girls



us....a very crumpled and tired us.... :)



Faith, me and Rach


and our feet! :)


Sam and Faith


Sam's and my feet :)


Samuel and Esther



Steven and Rebekah


Something about this picture reminds me of Sound of Music


It was kinda encouraging to see this giant cross on the side of the highway



I think we took a wrong turn..... ;)



in PA, finally!!! there was a loud whoop let out when we crossed the border! :)



The Susquehanna River



the dots on the road...along with a sign that said to keep two dots between you and the car in front of you! 



Saw a Sun-dog in the sky



Mountains around Williamsport


the day after we got there, Pop and Gram took us to Pennsylvania's Grand Canyon


to quote Samuel, "That's a sweet truck!!!"



a quaint little farm in the valley, and Samuel singing in the car! :)


there were so many cute little farmhouses!


a helicopter that we saw take off on the side of the road...thrilled Sam to pieces! 


took this pic of a dairy for Sarah! :)



3 comments:

Deborah said...

Reminds me of our trip to PA! We have friends in Williamsport who we visited when we were up there. The dairy farm looked familiar too...a lot of those up in PA! Did y'all see a lot of Amish?

Samuel said...

Those are some good pics!!!! :-)

David said...

You have a nice family