Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Day

I usually don't pay much attention to this kind of holiday, but this year was a little bit different! :) You see, Samuel got of school!!! So, He, Bekah, Esther, Faith and Lizzy came for the day! And trust me, we packed in as much fun as we could!!!!! :D

First on the agenda was to part out about 250 chickens - and no, I didn't get a picture of that!
Then we played several games of volleyball, lunch, then played a few more games! :) Then we went for a hi the 5 acres Daddy bought a few weeks ago! This was my first time to set foot on the place, but Daniel and Andrew had been on it before.

walking out to it - it's down the road a ways from our house
Sarah, Liz, Bek, Faith, Andrew, Samuel and Daniel


I was kinda surprised there wasn't that much underbrush and briers as I was expecting :)


This is when you're very glad you wore your rubber boots! :)


looks like it could be in a movie, almost

Me taking a picture of.....


them!!! 



walking around to the 'bridge' over the creek



Daniel was very nice, and walked across first, so that we knew it would hold us! :)


Faith....



Esther



Bek, Sam and I follow Liz across



I don't know where it came from or who built it, but this tepee thing was way back in the woods!


Do you fit in there, Bek? 



Andrew and Esther crossing another creek


Bek



Liz


I thought that this tree looked neat....so I took a pic.... 



Faith!!! :D




Trying to get a group shot everybody....


This picture cracks me up, for some reason.... :)




Everyone but Sarah....



Then we found an obliging old fence post that was in just the right place to set the timer on the camera and get all of us in it!!! :D


This is like, almost all my best friends in one picture!!! :D
Esther, Bekah, Faith, Liz
Hannah, Daniel, Peter, Samuel, Me, Sarah, Andrew




a very picturesque pond



a huge crack!! 



Bek and Hans




After we got back from the walk/hike, we went for a ride in the back of Samuel's truck!!! 
Andrew, Esther, Lizzy, Faith, Bekah, Samuel, Me and Peter



Daniel and Sarah were up in the cab




♥ Sisters 



Andrew (he'only wearing his hat backwards, to keep it from falling off! :)




Me and my new best friend! my cup runneth over!!! :D



I had a total blast today, hope y'all did as well!!! wish there was a holiday celebrating a random person from history more often!!! ;)




Oh, and FYI, surfing on rocks with a tailgate doesn't exactly work...... :D

2 comments:

Faith Schatte said...

It was so much fun looking at the pictures! The FYI at the bottom was hilarious! ;)

Lizzy said...

I will never forget the FYI!! That was definitely a memorable day!