Sunday, December 25, 2011

Celebrating Christmas at the Hales House! :)


This year, because Christmas fell on a Sunday, we decided to do our family Christmas on Saturday - and of course, none of us minded doing it a day early! :)

Friday night, while Mommy and Daddy went to Dallas to see a Canadian Brass concert with Mr. and Mrs. Davis, and Daniel and I hung the stockings :)







Sarah was finishing up her gift for Grandma, and knitted toboggan




Christmas breakfast - 14 people around the table, 15 if you count R&J's baby! :)


looking in the stockings



reading the Christmas story :)




:)


opening gifts.... 





Peter's new hat from Daddy :)

David had to try it on!


Andrew's hat.... :)


Mommy opening a gift for her and Daddy from Rachel & Jack.....



♥  



after all the gifts had been opened, they guys and I went out to were they had been working in the woods, and started some of the brush piles on fire! :)


two of the puppies followed us out



Andrew had carved his initials in a stump with a chainsaw :)


the creek


Andrew in his natural habitat! 


I thought the erosion from the trees roots looked kinda neat!



Samuel and Daniel crumpling newspaper to start the fire


There is something very cheerful about a fire!




the ensemble of books I got from Mommy and Hannah! ;)



my gifts from Samuel - I'd say he's figured out what I like pretty well! :)



My gifts from Hannah! :)
(we draw names to give gifts, and she drew me! :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Christmas morning, we had church in our basement! 
It was more like an extended family get-together than church, though!!! 

Mr. Davis reading part of the Christmas story from Matthew

After lunch, we played volleyball - but I didn't get any pictures of the games...but we had boatloads of fun!!!

1 comment:

Samuel said...

It was a lot of fun!!! First time I've been in another family's Christmas!! :-)