Monday, August 29, 2011

Small Group Sunday

The fourth Sunday of the month means Small Groups at our house - which also means fun volleyball games afterwards, and sweet fellowship with the greatest of friends!!! :)



Us singing(with Samuel on the guitar) It Is Well with My Soul with the Schattes, waiting for more people to show up. A favorite hymn of both of our families!!!




This was Andrew's first skit, and I think he did a pretty amazing job!!!!!



And now, let the volleyball commence!!!
(most of these volleyball pictures were taken by my sister-in-law, Amy)

Steven serving

Nice hit, Andrew!

somebody get it!!!

nice one, Sam!

I have no idea why I'm running away from Bekah...she must have intimidated me! ;)

Go Lizzy!!!

Yep, it's what it looks like, Bekah stole Steven's ball..... :)

Nice hit, Bethy!!!

Lizzy serving

It looks like you caught the ball, Sam!

Go Andrew!!! whoooot whoooot!!!!!!!!!!!! spike big brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven spiked, Sam jumped, Andrew got it, and the rest of us went, Wow!!!

Go Mrs. Pennington!!!!

I think you got some net, Faith, dearie..... :)

Daniel's power serve...look out, other team!!! oh wait, I was on the other team..... :O

Samuel mid-air

Nice dig, Sarah!!!

Bekah serving

Mr. S. has a killer serve!

Nice hit, Liz!!!

Nice one, Fay!!!

Yes, I am hiding from the ball....I think this was the time David P. nearly broke my nose with the ball......

Folks, meet Andrew:
Tada!!!!!!!!!!!


Sarah serving

Everyone looks sure that Liz will make a great shot, like they're not even worried.... :)

Nice one, Rach!

Good hit, Sara!


David spiking....and Samuel's lying in wait.....

I'm sure there's a ball up there........somewhere!

You can do it, Faith! we have faith in you!!! ;)

I could quote Andrew here, but I wont.....


Mr. S. Making a nice hit


This is quite normal....Andrew and David fighting over balls......


Oh yeah!

and....that's me.... :)



The set.....

.....the SPIKE!!!!!!!!!!! :)


Andrew's waiting to make sure I get it over.....



And, of course, a game wouldn't be a game without the traditional
'Go-around-the-net-"Good-game"-High-five-thing' :D

goodgamegoodgamegoodgamegoodgamegoodgamegoodgamegoodgamegoodgamegoodgame!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming in for a much awaited water break

where we sit and rest and make up silly tongue twisters..... :)

Then we came inside and sang hymns for Grandma!











And Bekah and I realized we had matching shoes on.....


The Andrews


The Sara(h)s ;)

And the Esthers! :)

We had a glorious time, and hopefully we can do it again very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love one another with brotherly affection. Out do one another in showing honor.
~Romans 12:10~
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.
~Proverbs 27:17~


2 comments:

Faith Schatte said...

That was fun. Your comments about it are really funny too!

The Kautts said...

Looks fun! I <3 playing volleyball! :)

~Johanna

Proverbs 16:3