Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 13- A letter to someone who has hurt me recently

I'm not going to wrote a letter, because I think it would be slander to tell the world who has hurt me. But I will say this: forgiving someone that has deeply hurt you is hard. Forgiving someone that doesn't even know, and probably won't ever know that they hurt you is even harder. Having been through this, all I can say is pray. Pray for them. Pray that they would draw closer to the Lord. Pray that you'll have a forgiving and loving attitude towards them. And pray that God would show you if you have done this same thing to any one else, and go and ask their forgiveness. Because now you know how much it hurts.

And be ye kind one to another,
tenderhearted, forgiving one another,
even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
~Ephesians4:32~

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Well said, Esther! The more you pray for someone the easier it is to forgive them!

EsGrace Schatte said...

yes, but it can be hard to do at first! ;)